This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 145 Broadhaven

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 145 Broadhaven

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 145 Broadhaven

LB & I are now in our static caravan at Broadhaven, Pembs.  We came down this morning, via Dad's place where we stopped off to fit a grab handle on the wall by his front door.  He's pretty independent but I'd noticed he was a bit wobbly stepping down over the step.  The handle should make it a lot easier for him.  Anyway we arrived here by mid-day and after lunch I had a stroll along the beach with my camera.  It was very windy with thickening cloud and intermittent sunshine.  Most people on the beach were well wrapped up but one couple left their shoes and jackets on the beach and went into the surf in their shorts and T shirts.  The sea is far from warm at this time of year & in fact the only other people in the water were surfers in full wetsuits.  Well, they seemed to have fun frolicking in the waves and came out pink with cold!

Brrr!

Just before leaving the beach I spotted a couple of oystercatchers on the rocks.  These are very striking birds, usually heard before seen although these two were unusually quiet.  They were busy prizing mussels open and having quite a feast.  I got as close as I could but wasn't prepared to scramble over wet slippery rocks with my camera and I didn't have a big zoom with me. Got a couple of reasonable shots though.


Now having a quiet evening. On Friday the boys & partners are arriving so posting may be a bit erratic over the weekend.  It's going to be rather crowded here with seven in the van! May end up doing a lot of  catching up on Tuesday!


Oh dear photos not uploading.  Will try again later! - Sorted now I'm home!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home