This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 144 Forest Farm

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 144 Forest Farm

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144 Forest Farm

LB was busy today, a guitar lesson, a practice on the golf range and then he took his Mum to look for a garden chair and to do some food shopping.  I went to Forest Farm again, this is the little nature reserve alongside the old Glamorganshire Canal that I've mentioned here before.  It changes with the seasons so repays frequent visits.  The smaller birds are much less visible at this time of year and those I did see had beaks stuffed with insects as they headed to their nests.  They weren't interested in my birdseed so I initially concentrated on the light falling on the plants and water.  In the quiet pools adjacent to the canal were plenty of flag irises  with lovely  interesting reflections in the water aroound them.


Later I came across a family of young ducklings who were interested in my food and had little fear of my camera 




and a buttercup meadow with these lovely butterflies which I think are common blues.


Back home and LB was ready for some exercise so we went off on the bikes along the new cycle path for an hour and a half.  It's been quite a full day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger singletrack said...

I like the ducks - very inquisitive.
LB is doing a lot of practising on the driving range lately - his handicap must be coming down!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home