This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 143 More Daisies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 143 More Daisies

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 143 More Daisies

It was another blustery day. After the usual trip to Porthcawl & Bridgend to see the parents I stopped off at a roadside verge where there are a host of ox eye daisies.  There are masses of these alongside the roads at the moment so I'd been thinking of trying a slow shutter speed  shot of swaying daisies in the wind.  Of course once I was in position the wind stopped! Or perhaps I was a bit too sheltered.  Anyway I took a load of daisy photos most of which I didn't like when I got home!


  I was sorting through them late yesterday evening when I was interupted by younger son on the phone.  He & girlfriend Vikki were in Edinburgh Airport awaiting there flight home after Vikki had run in the marathon there on Sunday.  They were worried that the gale force winds there would cause problems with there flight.  Sure enough after a couple of hours delay the flight was cancelled.  There was no chance of getting on any later plane as once the wind died Scotland was due to be enveloped in another volcanic ash cloud causing closure of the airport all Tuesday.  The trains were also cancelled as the gales had brought trees down on the line and the remaining evening coaches were fully booked!  I ended up booking them a hotel room online and they caught a coach early Tuesday morning for a 13 hour drive home! It only takes an hour or two on the plane!    So by the time they were sorted I was too tired to post to this blog, hence I'm writing a day late.  Here are some daisies.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home