This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 59 - End of Another Month.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 59 - End of Another Month.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59 - End of Another Month.

The last day of February and everything is good. LB's cold is improving, his Mum is cheerful and accepting that she's going to be another 2-3 weeks in hospital, my parents & our kids are fine, in their own ways.  I had a good session in the gym this morning and impressed LB with another Madhur Jaffrey  cookbook meal.  The kitchen's a bit of a mess but the food was lovely!

I had an idea for a photo too. This is a Buddhist singing bowl, a very small one. It makes a lovely sound, or rather three sounds. You get a different tone out of it depending on whether you strike it or stroke around the outside or inside of the bowl. Running the wooden striker around the outside sets up a wonderful long resonant note which apparently is an aid to meditation. I wanted to show it being struck and also give an impression of it resonating. I didn't get it right, I should have moved the bowl sideways rather than tipping it but I think you can get the idea. It's a composite of 4 photos and took me ages!!


Here's a different sort of composite.  I have just learnt how to do these mosaics so I'll now post one at the end of each month of that months photos.  Looking at it I'm struck by how few birds and landscapes are in it. I'm sure that's a reflection of the weather. My favourites this month are the light painting, the blue bottles and  my feet in chains - quite a variety!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home