This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 58 Ogmore - Another Castle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 58 Ogmore - Another Castle

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58 Ogmore - Another Castle

Well, I went to bed early last night and got up late this morning. I feel much better! I was obviously overtired yesterday. LB is still feeling rough as his cold shows no signs of abating.  I left home late morning as he was going back to bed! I had decided to stop off to take some photos en route to my Dad as it was a sunshine and showers sort of day & the light was quite nice.  I called in at Ogmore Castle.   This is a much ruined Norman castle of the 12th century guarding a ford on the River Ewenny. It's quite pleasant there though sheep graze within the outer ward of the castle so you have to watch your step!  The local riding school uses the ford regularly and there are stepping stones if you don't have a horse to carry you across.  The stones were underwater while I was there, as the tide was in. I didn't take any particularly outstanding photos but enjoyed my time out in the fresh air.


Dad and I had a rather fruitless trip to the hospital this afternooon.  After eating the trifle Dad had taken in for her, Mum fell asleep in the chair & was still asleep when we left half an hour or so later.  She used to do that regularly but has been more alert in recent months.  It's rather frustrating but can't be helped.  She must have had a good Sunday lunch!


So here's some photos. My pic of the day is of a puddle within the castle. I like the colours of the reflections of the castle walls.




Castle Reflection
Also a photo of one of the bigger bits of wall & of the ford 


Ogmore Castle


Crossing the Ford










Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home