This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 54 -Swimming Pool

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 54 -Swimming Pool

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 54 -Swimming Pool

No I didn't go swimming myself. It's half term and the place was packed out with rowdy kids! I'd been to Cardiff to do some shopping and detoured to the pool to take some photos.  I'm tired of photos in the house I need to get OUT! Anyway the pool is only a couple of years old and is built of green opaque & clear glass with lots of girders.  There's a sort of prgola thing attached at the back so lots of nice shapes. My main photo is of a solitary guy on an exercise bike 2 or three floors up.  I think it looks strange as the gym has a glass wall rather than a window.  It's almost as if he's part of the wall.  I walked around the outside & got some interesting photos. There are some more different ones on my Flickr page.


Bike with a View






Later we visited MiL who is doing well, is in less pain and just starting to move her shoulder. We went straight from the hospital to Cardiff Uni for a Cardiff Scientific Society lecture on "The Origins of Cosmic Dust" This lecture has been postponed twice and was originally supposed to be given a year ago.  Interestingly the lecturer said she knew the origin then but new research has muddied the waters somewhat and now no-one knows! It was an interesting talk on the research done so far, though.  Again it was wonderful value for money, top class speakers all for £8 a year!!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home