This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 49 - a Helluva Day!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 49 - a Helluva Day!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 49 - a Helluva Day!

Well, there I was, this morning, about to wrap myself in chains for Our Daily Challenge, Flickr group when LB phoned from his mothers house to say she'd fallen & could I go down there. Although she lives further down the same street I drove, for quickness. She was on the floor in the kitchen  unable to move due to severe pain in the right shoulder and right groin. As the ambulance was delayed I left her with LB and took one car back home and returned on foot. This is the paramedics car , outside her house, which had arrived by the time I got back.  It took a while to control the pain sufficiently to get her into the ambulance & then we went off to A&E. I must say she was well looked after but it all took a time.  It turns out she has a fracture dislocation of her shoulder and fractured pubic bone.  We spent all day in A&E with her, saw her settled into her ward and got home about 8.30pm.  It's surprising how tiring hanging around in hospital is,  anyway current thinking is to let things heal naturally with rest but to review her shoulder next week with the possibility of surgery to come.  So I would think she'll be there for a couple of weeks. Time will tell but at least she's comfortable now.  Perhaps I'll wrap myself in chains tomorrow, it sounded fun!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, here's hoping for a speedy recovery, sounds nasty.

 
At February 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Mr and Mrs Mogs said...

Thanks, anonymous, whoever you are! I didn't sleep last night thinking of her shoulder. It's a horrible injury. I just hope they can keep well on top of her pain. Fortunately she seems to be fine on morphine- doesn't make her sick or drowsy, but she is very scared. Wish we could do more for her

 
At February 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Aline said...

I am sorry to hear about your Mum's fall. I do hope they can keep her comfortable, and hope you can get a little more sleep today. Well wishes to both of you..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home