This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 47 More birds!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 47 More birds!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47 More birds!

It's at least a week since I'd tried to get some bird photos so had to have my fix today! While LB was ferryiny his Mum aroun, buying dress materials this morning, I went back to the lcal nature reserve at Forest Farm.  After overnight rain the trees were glistening in the morning sun so I started off with a bit of a drip fest! Later I saw the nuthatches I've previously posted here, lots of different tits, the usual ducks and moorhens but not the water rail, which I really want to photograph.  I did see the kingfisher twice but he was much to fast to capture and finally, when nearly back at the car I came across the little egret. He was fishing in the canal initially but then flew into the tree.

For the main photo I've chosen the catkins, for a change









This is the water flowing into the canal 






The little egret in the tree









Coal tit, robin & great tit














I was home by lunchtime so sorted through some of the photos before heading off to the gym. We finished off the day by attending a rather dry lecture on "The Jet Stream - Weather & Climate" at Cardiff Scientific Society. It was a bit of a struggle but eased by a nice meal in the pub afterwards!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home