This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 41 - Light Painting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 41 - Light Painting

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 41 - Light Painting

Had a good workout in the gym this morning. That wore me out and I've not done much since! Mid afternoon I was thinking about what to photograph but it's another grey wet day so it was going to be an indoor shot.  I got distracted when I realised events were unfolding fast in Egypt and sat and watched tv for a while.  I must say Al Jazeera English is a really informative channel that I've only just discovered, & I now have it on in the background as I post this.  We are all waiting to hear what Mubarak has to say.   I hope it's going to be good as that's a very hyped up crowd in Tahrir Square & they won't take another fudged response kindly.


Anyway, to get back to my photos.  It was gettting dark by the time I took them so tried a technique I've read about but not done before.  I tied a small pen torch to a light fitting, swung it around & photographed it from below.  It's a white torch so I've no idea where the blue colour came from.  I stuck some tissue paper over the end for the red light. Here's no 1











and two others


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I like these very much! Love anything with adjacent colours/rainbow like/stripes etc. Hil

 
At February 11, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Blogger singletrack said...

I love these light paintings. Isn't it amazing how something so simple can produce such effective results?

There is a good website here for a few more ideas


http://www.diyphotography.net/painting_with_light


and take a look at Partck Rochon's work for some fantastic photos!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Aline said...

quite ingenious .. I love it!!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Mr and Mrs Mogs said...

What was amazing was how easy it was. No messing around, just set it up & bingo! even the first shot was great! There's a couple more on my Flickr page

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home