This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 291 Cardiff Bay

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 291 Cardiff Bay

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 291 Cardiff Bay

Tuesday 18 October

I had a wonderful day today! I'd arranged to pick up my friend Viv and go off for a photoshoot.  It was great to have a day set aside to take photos with a fellow photographer.  Poor Ian is very patient when we're out together but I am very wary of him getting bored so I always feel rushed.  It was also nice having a girls day out! We first parked by the barrage at the mouth of the bay. I'd heard about this amazing artwork that I wanted to see.  These concentric yellow circles are not photoshopped but are actually painted on the structures of the barrage.  It only looks like circles from one spot otherwise all you see are seemingly random yellow lines on the railings, pavement, lock gates and sea wall.

 



 We walked out on the sea wall to view the entrance to the bay. It was incredibly windy there so I was puzzled to find this chap sat on a bench reading. He was well wrapped up but it can't have been very comfortable! There were nice views though of Penarth Pier and Flatholm and Steepholm. Back on the barrage we took some shots looking the otherway. Here are the masses of boats moored at the mouth of the River Ely as it enters the Bay



  It was time for lunch so we headed for the shelter of the main restaurant area. Here we were out of the wind so could enjoy a sandwich sitting in the sun, outside one of the cafes. The final part of the day was spent photographing some of the architectural interest around there.  I took far too many photos to post here so I'll just stick to the ones involving the Water Tower.  This large reflective sculpture is supposed to have a constant stream of water running over it but today it was dry! It still had great reflections so I took loads of photos of it from all angles!
Water Tower

We weren't the only photographers in town!
Self Portrait with Viv in the background.  I love the way it slims us down!
Water Tower & Millenium Centre - I like the contrast & weirdness of this one
Millenium Centre Reflection



















And finally, one of the statues, entitled People Like Us, with the Norwegian Church in the background


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home