This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 97 - More birds

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 97 - More birds

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 97 - More birds

What fantastic weather we're having for March! So warm! LB & I spent this morning in the garden, mowing, weeding & cleaning the paths.  There'll be no more wet moss photos for a while as LB powerhosed all the moss away! We've still some more work to do there ut the forecast is set fair for the next 5 days so we'll have plenty of time.  we want it all tidy before we go off to Mexico a week Saturday.  We don't want to come back to a jungle!


This afternoon I went back down to Forest Farm.  I had an idea to take a close up shot with the G12, wide angle of the small birds feeding on a log or stone by using the remote trigger.  I've bought a 5m extension so I can fire the camera from quite a distance.  I set it all up but got no decent photos. I couldn't work out how to set a larger focussing area so ended up with nice sharp photos of the trees with large very blurry birds in the foreground!  I ended up taking plant shots with the G12 but also I had my 7D and 400mm lens which always delivers nice bird photos.  Here's a great tit. I'd set the shutter speed at 1/500 sec but it still wasn't fast enough to freeze the movement of his wings. Amazing, isn't it?


Also a few other shots from this afternoon
What's up there then?

Ok, robin photos are two a penny but this fellow was so
 close I could have touched him, too tempting to resist!

Afternoon Sun

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home