This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 302 Aargh!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 302 Aargh!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 302 Aargh!

Well today started off quite well.  We finally finished packing and were pleased that cases and hand luggage were within the weight limits. We picked up MiL and my Dad and took them out for lunch.  Dad decided to pay, out of the blue, which was very nice of him. It was a big meal and after we dropped Dad back home he settled down in the armchair for a 2 hour nap! We booked MiL into the very nice care hotel in Porthcawl for the 5 weeks we're away.  They took ages booking her in and she seems determined not to like it there.  It's a really friendly place and the other guests were very jolly and her age so I hope she settles in.


We then called around to Glan Rhyd Hospital where Mum is.  We knew they'd sent her to A&E this morning but hadn't heard any more.  On arrival we were told she was still in Princess of Wales Hospital so we trundled over there.  She's in a short stay ward while awaiting an orthopaedic bed.  She was quite bright and perky and didn't seem at all distressed to be in a strange place though I can't see her being happy for long. I had a chat with the on call orthopaedic doctor after getting home and filled him in on her medical history. They're planning on moving her to an orthopaedic ward and getting the surgeon who operated on her hip 7 years ago to review her next week. It's quite unsettling leaving while she's in a sort of limbo and when I can't liase with her doctors next week.  I suppose I've just got to let go.  She'll be well looked after and Huw is quite capable of supporting Dad.  I just feel it's my responsibility.


Anyway we were late home, late eating and both feeling dejected so once again it was 10.00pm when I got my camera out. So no suprises, a single photo for ODC "triangular" No this isn't a triangle but you can see plenty of them on it.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home