This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 10 - Water Droplets

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 10 - Water Droplets

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10 - Water Droplets

I've decided on a watery theme this week.  There's going to be lots of rain at the end of the week so expect photos of drips. Tomorrow we're off to Slimbridge Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust.  There's plenty of water there although there will inevitably be a bird or two in it.  Tonight I attempted, not very successfully to photograph water splashes, particularly crowns. I had a problem with lack of light. All the pics were noisy due to the high iso needed to obtain a fast enough shutter speed to catch the splashes sharply but also I needed a narrow aperture to get sufficient depth of field. Very frustrating!


Anyway here's my shot of the day.





And a runner up!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger singletrack said...

I had a similar problem when I tried the water drops. The answer is to use dim room and a flash and to set the shutter speed as fast as the shutter synch speed ( 1/200 sec in my case.)
Then the flash cuts out any ambient light and freezes the shot.
Then the ONLY problem is getting the focus right!

Well done though. Some nice shots.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home