This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 3 -The Living Room - Before the Decorations Come Down

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 3 -The Living Room - Before the Decorations Come Down

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3 -The Living Room - Before the Decorations Come Down

It's another cold grey day, we've even had some snow. Have been catching up on odd jobs around the house, did a bit of shopping & spent ages trying to get Lightroom to behave itself. Have also been thinking of this project and how I'm going to think up enough ideas for photos that are interesting for everyone and perhaps a little testing for me.  I read an article on weekly themes which sounded interesting. I won't stick to a theme every week but drawing up a list has given me new ideas already. This week, as it's going to remain miserable outdoors, I'll be posting a photo each day from a different room in the house, although I might go wild and do something different at the weekend! 


So todays photo is of a Christmas tree decoration in our lounge. The tree will be coming down imminently so I might as well make the most of it.  The challenge was getting a shallow depth of field with my new compact camera, a Canon G12, which I think I've managed. It's a very different camera to my slr and although it has manual controls it doesn't behave in the same way, aperture only goes from f2.8 to f8 for instance. Practice is needed!  Here's todays photo:



2 Comments:

At January 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Blogger singletrack said...

The DoF seems to work well. I hope you enjoy the G12 - I have a G10 and it produces some good results.

 
At January 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous Becca Hodgkins said...

This is my favourite.. so far :)
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home