This Page

has been moved to new address

Day 265 93rd Birthday!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Elvie's Year in Photos 2011: Day 265 93rd Birthday!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 265 93rd Birthday!

Thursday 22 September


No not my birthday but my fathers!  He doesn't like making any fuss over birthdays but when I called I was pleased to see he'd received a nice pile of birthday cards and my two sets of aunts & uncles had visited him in the morning.  The two of us had lunch in the local pub together and then went to the hospital to see Mum. Although she was asleep in a chair when we arrived she soon perked up and spent an hour and a half playing with a balloon with us. we just hit it back and for although she spent quite a time trying to shoot it at me by pulling on the knotted end and letting it go.  Unfortunately she kept hold of the balloon neck with her other hand and couldn't understand why it wasn't moving! She enjoyed herself and it is so much nicer for Dad & I when she's engaged with us and smiles and laughs rather than looking blankly into space or falling asleep.  I just wish we could think of something other than a balloon to entertain her. I must say I'm finding the game rather boring now!


Anyway, back home, I took my camera and flash out into the garden at dusk.  Our Daily Challenge was " From the Ground" so I was looking for some low level shots or things coming out of the ground. In the end my best photo was of a spider on its web wrapping up a dead fly.  The shot of the dead ivy was ok too.
Packed Lunch!


Waiting

Ivy Stump


Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These photos of the spider are fantastic Chris!
Really good, great detail :)
Happy Belated Birthday to your Dad.
:)
x

 
At September 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Mr and Mrs Mogs said...

Thanks Becca The trick with spiders is to manually focus & have camera on a tripod. I also used flash which highlighted the web x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home